Hi. I have received multiple subpoenas from my wife's lawyer for records from my employer, prior employer, banks, and 401k. I feel I have grounds to object to these subpoenas, but I don't know the justification. Here are the details:
1) My prior employer - a year ago he subpoenaed them while I was still in employed there. They objected to him requesting 200,000 pages of emails, their tax returns (they are a private company). They only provided him with payroll journals, which he already had. He left it alone. Now, last week, he subpoenaed them for the same thing for the same time period. I feel like it is just a way to provoke and annoy me.
2) my current employer - I've been with this current employer for 3 months. They are asking for everything like my prior employer. It is also a private employer. I have offered to give my pay stubs, but they said that is not enough. They want all emails, etc etc. I feel like it is just to embarrass me, considering I am new and the registered agent is co-owner of this 800+ employee company.
3) They are subpoenaing a bank that my wife is co-holder of. Can't she just get the docs herself?
4) They are subpoenaing my 401k provider for statements, event though they have them in hand already.
5) they are subpoenaing my bank for over a years worth of statements. I have already provided them statements 10 months ago, now they are re-asking for those + all the current ones.
this case is going to trial in Oct and the lawyer says he is doing this becuase he needs everything for trial. Just to add, the trial is ONLY for spousal support
. We are in a disagreement of how much Spousal Support I have to pay. Everything else has been stipulated on.
He has been very very provoking and borderline harassing throughout this case. And threatens me with all kinds of legal stuff that I don't understand I as I cannot afford a lawyer.
Is there anything I can do to stop this? Especially stop the embarrassment of the subpoena to my job?
thanks for your help.