Maverick
Maverick, Lawyer
Experience:  20 years of professional experience
16823287

California child services has been harassing me for over a

Customer Question

California child services has been harassing me for over a year stating I owe back child and spousal support when in fact I have not only been paying what the court directed me to - but overpaying by 2400 a month - I was ordered to pay 300 a month and I pay 2741 a month - I pay the house payment so my son does not have to move and switch schools etc--
I have given them all the proof of this yet they do nothing - I can not open a new business as they will take any money I open an account with -
I have now lost my home - and am homeless - only to find that now they have taken my drivers license and hunting and fishing license - basically they have taken every single thing from me including my ability to even survive without becoming a criminal- please help me---
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Maverick replied 4 months ago.

Welcome! My name is Maverick. Please give me a few minutes to analyze and/or research your inquiry and I will be back.

Expert:  Maverick replied 4 months ago.

John:

You will need to go back to the divorce court and file what is known as a declaratory judgment action in which you can ask for a court order that states that what you have paid up to now qualifies as support and get the court to issue an order of what the current balance owed on support is, if any. You may wish to include the ex and CPS in that suit.

Here is the law. Here is a sample DJ action you can use as a go-by.