CalAttorney2, Attorney
Experience:  Civil litigation attorney for individuals and businesses.

My ex husband passed away last week. We have a two children

Customer Question

Hi my ex husband passed away last week. We have a two children age 20 and 14. He was not remarried. I have a copy of his notarized will which he made while we were still married. We live in the state of Washington. Is the will still valid assuming we can't find any new will? We also have a notarized family trust agreement. Is that still valid? Thank you.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 2 months ago.

Dear Customer,

Thank you for using our forum. My name is ***** ***** I hope to assist you today.

I am sorry to learn of your loss.

Your husband's testamentary documents (both the will and the trust) will remain in effect as he did not either (a) revoke those documents, or (b) draft new documents.

So, the ones you have will be enforceable as they are written, assuming no other documents that you are unaware of exist to the contrary.