Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

MARRIED COUPLE DECIDED TO DIVORCE AFTER 23 YEARS. HUSBAN

Customer Question

MARRIED COUPLE DECIDED TO DIVORCE AFTER 23 YEARS. HUSBAN REMOVED ALL MONEY FROM THEIR COMPANY ACCOUNT AND PUT IT IN HIS PERSONAL ACCOUNT, EVEN THOUGH IT WAS A PARTNERSHIP. HE REFUSED TO GET HIS OWN EIN# ***** HAS BEEN PUTTING COMPANY INCOME IN HIS PERSONAL ACCOUNT. HE CUT OFF ALL ACCESS FOR HIS WIFE TO GET ANY MONEY. SHE RETIRED 17 YEARS EARLIE TO RAISE HIS GREAT NIECE THEY ADOPTED. WIFE COULD NOT FILE BECAUSE SHE HAD NO MONEY. HUSBAND FILED A PETITION FOR DIVORCE AND LIED 5 TIMES ON THE PETITION. DID HE COMMIT PERJURY OR SOMETHING FOR LYING OF A LEGAL DOCUMENT.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 4 months ago.

Hello: This is Attorney Phillips. Welcome to Justanswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Your Questions:

HUSBAND FILED A PETITION FOR DIVORCE AND LIED 5 TIMES ON THE PETITION. DID HE COMMIT PERJURY OR SOMETHING FOR LYING OF A LEGAL DOCUMENT.

Response: He committed fraud on the Court by lying on the papers submitted to the Court. She should bring this to the attention of the Court. Also and more importantly, eventhough she does not have means to hire an Attorney, she can still get an Attorney and have that Attorney petition the Court to order the husband to pay for her Attorney's fees. That's how this is handled. The Court should allow him to use marital funds to pay for his own Attorney but denying his wife the same opportunity. There should be a level playing field.

You can use the following sites to find local Attorneys:

Lawyers.com

Justia.com

Findlaw.com

If you do not have any follow-up question(s), kindly give a positive rating to my response so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for doing this.

Thank you for your cooperation.