FamilyAnswer, Lawyer
Experience:  9 + years of handling Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Child Support cases

My ex-baby mama has agreed with me to lowering my child

Customer Question

My ex-baby mama has agreed with me to lowering my child support payments by $100. Will this involve a courtroom appearance or can this be taken care of by a lawyer doing the footwork with a simple signing of papers. Please keep in mind I am in an EXTREMELY corrupt legal system:St. Mary Parish ,LA
Category: Family Law
Expert:  FamilyAnswer replied 2 months ago.

Good afternoon. Yes, if she agrees to this, an attorney should be able to handle it and file the paper work on your behalf. The key thing, is that she agrees. A motion and be filed and she can submit an affidavit as support, to show the Judge that there is an agreed upon order, to lower the support by $100. In a situation like this, the Judge MAY simply want her to appear at the final hearing, to testify to the same and make sure this will not effect the child but up until they point, the attorney should be able to handle this.

Please let me know if you have any follow up questions or need any clarification on something which I stated above. Also, remember to rate my service at the top of this page, before exiting the site, so I can receive credit for my help. I hope you found it to be Excellent! Only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. If you feel the need to click either of the two lower ratings to the left, please stop and reply to me. I want to make sure your experience with the site was as pleasurable as possible and that you are satisfied with the help I provided.