Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Experienced attorney: Family law, Estate Law, SS Law etc.
10285032

My daughter went to court on aug 3rd and i as her mother

Customer Question

good morning,
my daughter went to court on aug 3rd and i as her mother recieved a very blurry copy of the stipulation thats states that my daughter gets suprivised visits 1x per week but doesnt say from what time to what time in the paper work is there a mandatory time limit in the state of wisconsin that she gets or is it up the the other parent?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 4 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
The time of the supervised visits depends on the agency conducting the supervision if the court did not specify in the order. There is nothing in the WI law specifying the amount of time of the visitations, it is just to be a reasonable time which depending on the situation could be 1 hour or could be 2 hours or more. It is up to the party doing the supervision as well as the custodial parent being reasonable when the court did not specify length of visits.
If there is a dispute, the custodial parent can go back to court to have limitations put on the visitations.