FamilyAnswer
FamilyAnswer, Lawyer
Experience:  9 + years of handling Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Child Support cases
9540344

My siblings are exploiting my demented mother, I need help

Customer Question

Category: Family Law
Expert:  FamilyAnswer replied 4 months ago.

Good morning. Can you share with me what they are doing?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I sent my mom to temporarily stay with them until I setup care for her because I didn't have any help, and they knew it was temporary, they cut off communication and setup accounts in her name and ran the accounts up
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Department of social services in North Carolina found her to be exploiting my mom

Thank you for the additional information. Yes, it not only sounds as what they are doing is exploiting her but also can rise to the level of criminal. I say this because if they are using her to set up accounts and using them for their own interest and not for her or her needs, there is fraud here. This is a criminal offense and they can be prosecuted by the State. If the Department found that they did this, they should investigate and she needs to be removed from their home. In addition, the companies who the accounts are with need to be contacted and alerted of the fraud and the police need to be involved, so they can investigate.

Please let me know if you have any follow up questions or need any clarification on something which I stated above. Also, remember to rate my service at the top of this page, before exiting the site, so I can receive credit for my help. I hope you found it to be Excellent! Only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. If you feel the need to click either of the two lower ratings to the left, please stop and reply to me. I want to make sure your experience with the site was as pleasurable as possible and that you are satisfied with the help I provided.