LawTalk, Attorney and Counselor at Law
Experience:  30 years legal experience. I remain current in Family Law through regular continuing education.

My children's father and I came up with a custody agreement

Customer Question

My children's father and I came up with a custody agreement and set child support, we both have joint custody, but certain circumstances has made it so that I have to pay daycare which is 40% of my income. I'm already low income bring in an average of 1600 a month with two kids only receiving $350 in child support. I'm on government assistance and during the time we made the agreement I was getting free daycare. Do I have cause to ask for a.motion to notify child support.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  LawTalk replied 2 months ago.

Good afternoon Sarie,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

Based on your change in circumstances and your extreme low income and the expenses of your children, yes, you do have legal grounds to file a Motion for Modification of Child Support and seek an increase in support or an order that the other parent pay part or all of the daycare expenses.

Information about how to go about filing your Motion, as well as the forms for the motion itself, can be found at this site:

You may reply back to me using the Reply link and I will be happy to continue to assist you until I am able to address your concerns, to your satisfaction.

I hope that I have been able to fully answer your question. As I am not an employee of JustAnswer, please be so kind as to rate my service to you. That is the only way I am compensated for assisting you. Thank you in advance.

I wish you and yours the best in 2016,

Expert:  LawTalk replied 2 months ago.

This seems like a very crucial matter for you, and your questions and issues suggest that an in-depth conversation might best suit your needs. If you are interested, for a very nominal charge I can offer you a private phone conference as opposed to continuing in this question and answer thread which is searchable and viewable by the public.

Please know that I answered your question in good faith, and with the expectation that you would act similarly and rate my service to you. If I have already provided you with the information you asked for and you have no additional questions, would you please now rate my service to you so I can be compensated for assisting you?

Thanks in advance,