LawTalk, Attorney and Counselor at Law
Experience:  30 years legal experience. I remain current in Family Law through regular continuing education.

I had a divorce decree drawn up 5 years ago in the state of

Customer Question

I had a divorce decree drawn up 5 years ago in the state of South Carolina that resulted in a 50-50 shared custody arrangement where I was obligated to pay $79 a month child support, and for the child's daycare. My ex-wife makes much more money now, and I would like to get the financial responsibilities adjusted. My divorce decree requires three hours of mediation before going back to court. How do I move forward with mediation?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  LawTalk replied 2 months ago.

Good afternoon,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

You will need to ask the other parent if they will voluntarily agree to mediate, and if they will not, then, pursuant to the South Carolina Alternative Dispute Resolution [ADR] Rule4(d)(2), you may request the appointment of a mediator at any time by submitting a Request for Appointment of Mediator Form to the Clerk of Court. You can get this form from your local court clerk.

You may reply back to me using the Reply link and I will be happy to continue to assist you until I am able to address your concerns, to your satisfaction.

I hope that I have been able to fully answer your question. As I am not an employee of JustAnswer, please be so kind as to rate my service to you. That is the only way I am compensated for assisting you. Thank you in advance.

I wish you and yours the best in 2016,

Expert:  LawTalk replied 2 months ago.

This seems like a very crucial matter for you, and your questions and issues suggest that an in-depth conversation might best suit your needs. If you are interested, for a very nominal charge I can offer you a private phone conference as opposed to continuing in this question and answer thread which is searchable and viewable by the public.

Please know that I answered your question in good faith, and with the expectation that you would act similarly and rate my service to you. If I have already provided you with the information you asked for and you have no additional questions, would you please now rate my service to you so I can be compensated for assisting you?

Thanks in advance,