Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Lawyer
Experience:  Practicing Attorney with 10 years experience

Should I respond in writing to to a demand letter that is

Customer Question

Should I respond in writing to to a demand letter that is based on false and defamatory allegations? And can I counter sue?
The letter from the attorney specifically states the complaining party is "requesting" a specific action be completed by me in 30 days or acivil action will be filed against me. It alleges that I entered into a loan in the complaining party's name without their authority to do so, which is false. There has been a mistake by the loan servicer. I can go into more depth but I am unsure if the questions here are posted publicly.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Asad Rahman replied 2 months ago.
you should definitely respond and make the attorney reconsider filing this claim. He may think twice if he knows that you have a valid position