Barrister, Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney with 15 years experience
19958803

My spouses will says our house and everything in it is mine.

Customer Question

My spouses will says our house and everything in it is mine. Does that include assets in the home safe he had prior to our marriage. I want to do what is right
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Barrister replied 4 months ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney who will try my very best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I research statutes or ordinances and type out an answer or reply,but rest assured, I am working on your question.

.

If the will says that the house and contents or house and everything in it goes to you, then if the safe is in the house, it is your safe, and if there are items inside the safe inside the house, those are yours as well.

.

When he acquired the assets is not legally relevant according to his will unless he specifically stated something about assets owned prior to marriage.

.

.

thanks