DrakeLAW, Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney at Drake Law Firm PLC

In a divorce case there was a contempt of court issued by

Customer Question

in a divorce case there was a contempt of court issued by the judge all has been staifiedthis is being appealed. is the fees associaited with the contempt stayed till after the appealate hearing takes place?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  DrakeLAW replied 2 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer, my name is ***** ***** I am an attorney. Please note:This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. This question and response may be viewed by other parties as noted in JA’s terms of service. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

Thank you for your question. You can still ask clarifying questions if needed until you are satisfied, there is no charge for follow-up questions. It has been my pleasure to assist you and I welcome you to request my assistance in any future legal questions you may have, by simply placing my name in the first sentence of your new question. It is important that you are 100% satisfied with my courtesy and professionalism. Finally, please be so kind as to promptly rate this answer favorably so that I may be compensated and the question may be closed in the system. I wish you the best in your endeavors! –Rich

The fees are not stayed pending an appeal unless you a stay is granted by the court or you file what is called a "supersedeas bond." Do you have any further questions about this?