FamilyAnswer
FamilyAnswer, Lawyer
Experience:  9 + years of handling Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Child Support cases
9540344

I was server a summons for divorce, there is no contest from

Customer Question

i was server a summons for divorce, there is no contest from my part to the dissolution of the marriage. can i just contact the court to let them know i am not contesting? or do i contact the plaintiffs lawyer?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  FamilyAnswer replied 4 months ago.

Good afternoon. Yes, it is best to contact the attorney representing your spouse. You can advise them you were served, are not contesting this and they could draft an order, advising of the same and get you to sign off of, whatever you need,to move the proceedings along. You can also always file an answer/response and the clerk of court in the family division has the forms for you to fill out and file, as well.

I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or concerns. I am here to help so please just let me know