LawTalk, Attorney and Counselor at Law
Experience:  30 years legal experience. I remain current in Family Law through regular continuing education.
15277592

My daughter is doing a diy divorce...she has filed and he

Customer Question

my daughter is doing a diy divorce...she has filed and he has answered with "answer to complaint for divorce and verified counter-claim for divorce". they had initially agreed to agree. but his response is a complete 180 from their agreement. they have talked since his response and come to some agreements, but she must now to respond....what type of document does she need to respond with.
JA: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: wy
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: no...just curious how to enter her response and how to then format the agreement that they have verbally entered into
Category: Family Law
Expert:  LawTalk replied 4 months ago.

Good afternoon,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your daughter's situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

She will need to file an Answer to the Counter-Claim, which is essentially the same thing as the Answer to the Complaint that her soon-to-be ex filed.

If they have worked out an agreement, then she can put it into proper form that will be accepted by the court by following the following template for a Marita Settlement Agreement: http://www.alrp.org/wp-content/uploads/Sample-Marital-Settlement-Agreement.pdf

You may reply back to me using the Reply link and I will be happy to continue to assist you until I am able to address your concerns, to your satisfaction.

I hope that I have been able to fully answer your question. As I am not an employee of JustAnswer, please be so kind as to rate my service to you. That is the only way I am compensated for assisting you. Thank you in advance.

I wish you and yours the best in 2016,

Doug

Expert:  LawTalk replied 4 months ago.

This seems like a very crucial matter for you, and your questions and issues suggest that an in-depth conversation might best suit your needs. If you are interested, for a very nominal charge I can offer you a private phone conference as opposed to continuing in this question and answer thread which is searchable and viewable by the public.

Please know that I answered your question in good faith, and with the expectation that you would act similarly and rate my service to you. If I have already provided you with the information you asked for and you have no additional questions, would you please now rate my service to you so I can be compensated for assisting you?

Thanks in advance,

Doug