How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 11674
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I had major surgery, and soon thereafter, my spouse deserted

Customer Question

I had major surgery, and soon thereafter, my spouse deserted me. I had no idea where he went until I seen our online bank account activity reflecting my spouse was in another city. I contacted the place of employment only to be informed that my spouse extended vacation leave due to illness, but would be returning to work. I am VA rated at 100%, total and permanently disabled and individual unemployability. In addition, I have since been informed that he rendezvoused with a person at this vacation destination. Will I be able to receive alimony support? I have rent, utilities, food needs and really want some guidance. He is employed at USPS.
Submitted: 8 months ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 8 months ago.

Hello. My name is Alex.
Thank you for your question.
I will be happy to provide you with information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

How long have you been married?

Did you become disabled prior or after the marriage?