Christopher B, Esq.
Christopher B, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  associate attorney
84496330

I am married in the phlippines, but i want to get married

Customer Question

i am married in the phlippines, but i want to get married here in the U.S. how can i apply for divorce?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Christopher B, Esq. replied 10 months ago.

My name is***** and I will be helping you with your question today. This is for informational purposes only and does not establish an attorney client relationship.

If you are a Philippine national any divorce you file for in another country would not be given recognition by the Philippines. However, if the you are a non citizen; and filed, then it would be recognized as valid in the Philippines.

You have to meet your state's residency requirement (Colorado I assume) in order to file. It would be recognized in the United States if you file and meet your state's requirements.

Please let me know if you have any further questions and please positively rate my answer if satisfied. There should be smiley faces or numbers from 1-5 to choose from. This extra step will cost you nothing extra and will be greatly appreciated.

Do you have any further questions?

Just checking back in, do you have any further questions?