Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.

For contempt of a custody visitation order, in lieu of jail

Customer Question

For contempt of a custody visitation order, in lieu of jail or monetary sanctions, can the child support be reduced
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Bill Attorney replied 2 months ago.

Thanks for reaching out to the team. I would like to offer some assistance with your legal question today.

While this would be atypical for a court to vary child support on these grounds, I will need to look into your state's laws.

Which State has jurisdiction over the proceedings/ contempt petition ?

Please outline some information about the extent of the breach of the custody order also.

How often has it been breached and how ?

Once I have this additional information, I will be in a better position to answer your question and outline the prevailing law.