Maverick
Maverick, Lawyer
Experience:  20 years of professional experience
16823287

I was a med student in Europe and my dad was killed at his

Customer Question

I was a med student in Europe and my dad was killed at his home in 1994.todate his death is unsolved. However I followed up with his lawyer to map out a financial plan to pay off his estate debt. At the time of his death he had about 10 major lawsuits pending. In my opinion his lawyer did not do anything to bring his case's to closure. I met with him numerous amounts of time and he systematically kept leaving me to believe he was working on thing. I asked him if we should pursue my dad's cases and he told me yes. However he gave me the lawyer run around and never produced any results at all.He seems to have no recollection of anything and I have judgements that he had access to funds to pay. One judgment I have he had funds of mine in an escrow account and he never paid it at all.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Maverick replied 4 months ago.

Your recourse here is to report this matter to the NY State Bar and you can also hire a NY lawyer that specializes in legal malpractice and malfeasance law to pursue claims of negligence, breach of contract, and breach of fiduciary duty against him.