Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.

My daughter lived in tenn. her divorce papers said she had

Customer Question

My daughter lived in tenn. her divorce papers said she had to give her husband 3 month notice, she did then he went to court 2 months after she moved bank to Michigan,he went to the judge said he didn't know where his kids were just some were in Mi the judge granted him the right to come and get the kids 3 kids 15 year old girl a 12 year old boy and a 10 year old boy we went back down to Tennessee went to the court and proved because she sent a certified letter to him so he knew exactly where they were she had text messages saying her address she had the kids calling him all the time she was sending him pictures and so we went in there and prove that he knew where the kids were will all of my daughter's rights were taken away from her completely she gets his visitations with no rights to her kids they went to the school yesterday to sign the kids up to meet the teachers and she told the littlest one let's go on out and let's find your room now the father grabbed him by the sweatshirt and said no your mother can walk behind us like she's nothing and then so they had a little argument there in school the 12 year old was crying because it was right in front of his teacher and the father has been in another life since they were born and he was even there during two of them first we have proof that he is unfit he has admitted in court that he drinks and drives with the kids he has admitted that he owns guns and the judge keeps letting them off and we keep getting the error they keep getting the court for postponed she has been back down to Tennessee for 8 months now living with a friend and her husband is up here in Michigan he makes a lot more money up here and we proved that the schools are better up here and everything and they still are not listening to her at all and I believe eight months is way too long to put these kids in turmoil he is already turning them against her they don't even want to be around her when he's there afraid of what he is going to say or do to them when they go home there's a lot
Category: Family Law
Expert:  LawTalk replied 2 months ago.

Good afternoon Janet,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation daughter's. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

This seems like a very crucial matter for you, and your questions and issues suggest that an in-depth conversation might best suit your needs. If you are interested, for a very nominal charge I can offer you a personal phone conference as opposed to continuing in this question and answer thread which is searchable and viewable by the public.

Let me know if you don't want a call and I will be happy continue here with an answer for you.

Either way, whether I call you or not, in order to give you a clear and concise answer, I will need some additional information about the circumstances, please.

1. Are you saying that your daughter lost primary custody of her children in a court hearing?

2. What did the judge sat to the fact that your daughter showed that she gave written notice of the intent to relocate?

3. What are you specifically asking? What do you need to know?

Thanks in advance,