Gerald-Esquire
Gerald-Esquire, Lawyer
Experience:  30 years of experience
77476456

I have my grandkids and need to get temporary custody to get

Customer Question

I have my grandkids and need to get temporary custody to get my grand kids registered for school what do I need to do I have a notarized letter from their parents
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Gerald-Esquire replied 4 months ago.

Thank you for using Just Answer. I want to provide you the best service I can. Please feel free to ask any follow up questions you have.

I am an attorney with 30 years of experience; I hope to provide you information that will help you in resolving your question.

Are the parents willing to provide you the written statement?

Kind regards,

Gerald

IF the parents are agreeable then the easiest thing to do is to have them sign a Temporary Guardianship Form

This form will work:

http://singleparents.about.com/od/legalissues/l/Temporary_Custody_Agreement.pdf

If they are not agreeable then you need to Petition the Family Court for an Order for Emergency Temporary Custody. This is a more involved process and would require the assistance of counsel.

I hope the information I provide is useful to you. I want you to be comfortable and satisfied with my attempt to assist you. Please, if you have ANY follow up questions, feel free to ask. Please note that I am generally unavailable Friday evening through Sunday.

Please do not forget to give me a positive rating. It adds nothing to your costs but it helps me greatly. Thank you.

If you are dissatisfied with my response PLEASE let me know before giving me a negative review so that I may try to be of better assistance. Or if you prefer, let me know and I can “Opt Out” and your question can be re-posted without additional cost to you. I will be fair to you and only ask the same from you.

Good luck.

Please note: Information is educational and not given as legal advice. Only your local attorney can give legal advice. I can't establish or accept an attorney-client relationship with you. All posts are available for public viewing.

Kind regards,

Gerald

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I do have a notarized letter where do I get the form from

I linked you to the form. Copy and paste the following into your search browser:

The notarized letter is sufficient if it has the same information as is on the form.