Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.

Can someone adopt my son without my permission if I am the

Customer Question

Can someone adopt my son without my permission if I am the biological mother who can financially provide for him. And the persons wanting to adopt a family friends that he currently resides with by my choice. Even if I don't consent to him being adopted
Category: Family Law
Expert:  LawTalk replied 2 months ago.

Good evening Shavonna,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today. I have been a licensed attorney for more than 3 decades and I handle family law issues.

This seems like a very crucial matter for you, and your questions and issues suggest that an in-depth conversation might best suit your needs. If you are interested, for a very nominal charge I can offer you a personal phone conference as opposed to continuing in this question and answer thread which is searchable and viewable by the public.

Let me know if you don't want a call and I will be happy continue here with an answer for you.

Either way, whether I call you or not, in order to give you a clear and concise answer, I will need some additional information about the circumstances, please.

1. Is your son living with you now?

2. Has your son been removed from your home by the state authorities?

3. Is the other parent involved in your child's life?

4. Has a court ever ruled that your parental rights are terminated?

Thanks in advance,

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
The answer to all the questions you asked are no.
Expert:  LawTalk replied 2 months ago.

Would you like me to call you for just $5 more? I ask because your situation is exterminate complex and there are many safeguards in place to prevent a child from being adopted against the wished of the child's parent---but not impossible. These issues are fact intensive and because I know nothing about your history or your child's history I need to know a lot more to give you an intelligent and considered answer.

Please consider accepting the call offer.

Expert:  LawTalk replied 2 months ago.

Hi Shavonna,

I want you to know that you are not obligated to accept a call from me. if you don't I will need you to provide me with as much information as possible about you and your son, including how your son has ended up living elsewhere, your relationship with your child at this point, as well as who is your son living with, how did he get there and who is talking adoption.

Absent some significant background, I am left entirely in the dark and can only answer your question with a single word, "yes". Again, because the end result depends on facts, the answering your situation may be a resounding "no"---but I can't know that yet with no background information.