Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.

An absent parent has been court ordered to pay child

Customer Question

An absent parent has been court ordered to pay child support, and is in arrears
Category: Family Law
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I've taken absent parent to court a couple of times he gets a check made out to AO properties LLC would that prevent me to be able to garnish his check
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  LawTalk replied 2 months ago.

Good afternoon Deborah,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

This seems like a very crucial matter for you, and your questions and issues suggest that an in-depth conversation might best suit your needs. If you are interested, for a very nominal charge I can offer you a personal phone conference as opposed to continuing in this question and answer thread which is searchable and viewable by the public.

Let me know if you don't want a call and I will be happy continue here with an answer for you.

Either way, whether I call you or not, in order to give you a clear and concise answer, I will need some additional information about the circumstances, please.

1. By absent, do you mean that they cannot be found or simply that they are not in the child's life?

2. When was the support first ordered?

3. How much in arrears is the absent parent?

Thanks in advance,