Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.

I have been living with my girlfriend in my house for 2

Customer Question

I have been living with my girlfriend in my house for 2 years. We have two kids but I am not an official father (I am an actual father) of those kids. We are not officially married.
I do want to support my kids but I do not want to have anything to do with my girlfriend anymore.
I asked her to apply for child custody so we can get separated and she moves out of my house. She is not doing it.
I do not mind renting her an apartment but she refuses to leave the house. At this point I would like to take legal actions.
I would like to initiate the eviction process and I went to see a divorce lawyer but since we are not married he said there is no divorce and child issues since no paternity established as of yet.
House is mine. She is not paying for mortgage or any other expenses in the house. She is house wife.
The question I have is:
1.i would like to see a lawyer to evict her from my house (I am willing to pay for their rent). Which lawyer deals with those issues considering my situation?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Bill Attorney replied 2 months ago.

Thanks for your question today. Your situation is at the moment primarily a property dispute.

If you provide some information as to ownership and tenancy rights, I will be in a better situation to assess your situation. This is a landlord- tenant law/ property law for your information.

So let me know: Who is the owner of the property ?

Has she paid any rent ?

Is there any written agreement ?

If she is a tenant in law: pays rent and has signed an agreement,it will be difficult to evict her.

You will need to follow local landlord-tenant rules, that include serving proper eviction notices on her.

You can do that yourself or consult a general practice lawyer in your County.

Otherwise, if she is just a guest, she wouldn't have any rights and you only need to change the locks when she is away.

If this answers your question, please rate five stars.

If you need more information, follow up with me with more information.