KimberlyLaw
KimberlyLaw, Lawyer and Real Estate Broker
Experience:  13 years of experience practicing law.
8989662

How do I get paper work from an lawyer on the house that was

Customer Question

How do I get paper work from an lawyer on the house that was will to me
Category: Family Law
Expert:  KimberlyLaw replied 4 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am an attorney.

Can you please clarify for me exactly what paperwork you need and what you are trying to do?

Thank you

Kim

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I was told that I need concent frm the two children before putting the house in my name

So what is your relation to the deceased. Are you a spouse? How do you know that you were named in the will as the sole owner of the property? Do you have a copy?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I have been a friend for 40 Years and she took me to an Lawyer and had papers for what she wanted and to who gets what. I have the will she had made up with the Lawyer

Ok thanks for that info.

In Indiana you don't need file probate in court if there is a will that has a total assets of under $50,000. So if that is the case, the person designated in the will as executor can distribute the property legally without going to court. Then they simply file something with the court to let them know.

If it is over 50k in value, then there will be a probate proceeding, where the executor will go to court and the property will be distributed.

It is correct that you will have to have the daughters sign something, just saying that they don't contest it. If they do contest it, then you all have to go to court before a judge and determine if the will is valid.

Either way, you need to get in touch with the executor and have them distribute the property.

Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Kim

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
How come I answered your question but you did not response

I just answered your question above. Please see my response. That was in response to your additional information.

Hello, I just noticed that this question is still open.

I hope my answer was helpful. Please be sure to rank my answer so that I get credit for my work with you. A positive ranking in the top three would be appreciated.

Thanks and take care,

Kim