FamilyAnswer, Lawyer
Experience:  9 + years of handling Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Child Support cases

My daughter is legally separated from her husband. He is a

Customer Question

My daughter is legally separated from her husband. He is a jerk but puts on a big front. She thinks nothing of bringing him to family functions, or to our house at Christmas. she knows how we feel about him. How do we as parents, deal with this?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  FamilyAnswer replied 2 months ago.

Good morning. Just to be clear, you do not want him present, in your home?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
He is emotionally abusive to her behind closed doors. Won't hold a job (at all).

Thank you for the additional information. From a legal standpoint, you do not have to allow him into your home. Even though your daughter is still married to him and decides to bring him, does not mean you have to allow him entry. You can make it very clear to both of them, that he is not welcome or invited and if he appears, you will deny him entry and call the police, if needed. Her decision to still speak with him and try and include him, is at her discretion and you can not stop her from doing so. The only thing you can legally do is deny him access to the home and events which you put on.

I just wanted to follow up and see if there is anything else I can answer or clarify. I am here to help so please just let me know