originallawyer, Family Law Attorney
Experience:  7+ years of experience in divorce, custody battles and mediation.

My Fiance is going through a divorce (its been 3 years since

Customer Question

My Fiance is going through a divorce (its been 3 years since the divorce was filed) Several months after the divorce was initially filed her and I got pregnant with a child and now we live together. There was absolutely no contact and or relationship prior to the divorce be g filed. Now her ex is threatening to report me to my job(U.S. Army) for adultery unless she complies with the divorce property agreement as he wants, he is threatebibg me in order to take everything in the divorce. My question is, is this extortion? and if an agreement is made under these conditions can it be made void later and can we prosecute?
Thank you.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  originallawyer replied 2 months ago.

Yes, that's extortion and blackmail and should be reported as such. Do not agree to anything, because voiding it is much harder, if not impossible, and frankly, doesn't really prevent him from doing what he's threatening anyways. Report it now to the authorities and also tell the Judge that it is going on.