JD 1992
JD 1992, Lawyer
Experience:  Began practicing Family Law in 1992
11068102

How is child support calculated median Chiro in Columbia

Customer Question

How is child support calculated median Chiro in Columbia makes 132,000 yr (she'll claim not in black yet) is it imputed bsed on profession (in biz since June 2014). and my income of course - is there a simple table I can use to calculate it?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  JD 1992 replied 4 months ago.

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Also, I can only answer the questions you specifically ask and based on the facts that you give so please be sure that you ask the questions you want to ask and provide all necessary facts. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

No, the child support is almost never "imputed" based on a profession. The best way to do it is to get the parent to provide copies of the business documents and then get an accountant to go over those and provide testimony to a judge on what the gross amounts mean in actual income.

There is no other way to do it that is reliable and likely to be accepted by the judge.