P. Simmons, Lawyer
Experience:  16 yrs. of experience including family law.
11181181

I was married in February 2015 live in california. She has a

Customer Question

i was married in February 2015 live in california. She has a house in her name , that I never got put on ,also has a rental house I never got put on . I have 2 houses also that she never got put on either. I moved in with her when we got married and made my house as a rental . We are getting a divorce. She thinks she going to get half or better . What's the real truth about this?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 11 months ago.

Hello! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney with more than 18 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help

Also, if you would like to chat on the phone, let me know and I can make that happen.
I am sorry for this dilemma. But not sure I understand your specific question. Do you have a question regarding this? Are you asking how community property is determined in CA?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.

Thank you

CA is a community property state. That means that all income earned during the marriage is subject to an equal split.

In other words, money you earned, money she earned, again, during the marriage, is divided equally

Separate property brought to the marriage, so long as it is kept separate, remains separate

What you are describing, your properties (that you brought to the marriage) remain yours. Her properties remain hers.

Please let me know if you have more questions. I am happy to help if I can. Otherwise, please rate the answer so I may get credit for my work.