Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Experienced attorney: Family law, Estate Law, SS Law etc.

I am the legal guardian of my adult son who resides in a

Customer Question

I am the legal guardian of my adult son who resides in a group home. I have told the provider to no longer allow an individual visitation of my son.The provider refuses to honor my request. Isn't the provider required to follow my request?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 2 months ago.

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

The provider is supposed to honor the request of the guardian regarding visitation. If the home is not honoring your request, despite you sending a letter, your first step is to meet with them one last time and inform them that if they fail to honor your request as guardian and they continue to allow this person to visit, then your next step will be filing suit for not only an injunction but against the home for legal fees for the costs of having to go to court for their intentional refusal to obey a lawful request from a legal guardian.

If they continue to refuse, then you would go to court and file for an injunction against both the person you do not want visiting and the home AND seek damages against the home for all legal costs incurred because they intentionally refused to honor your legal demands.