Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Lawyer
Experience:  Practicing Attorney with 10 years experience
91018665

I have a child support hearing tomorrow morning and i just

Customer Question

i have a child support hearing tomorrow morning and i just saw that the court asked for a financial declaration , amongst other things but I feel as though that should not be asked for since we were never married. The father has an attorney , I had mine w/d b/c of cost. Father has never paid any support at all for our daughter who will be 11. I filed for second time in Dec. An order was established but then father asked for modification since he lost?got fired his job. This seems so unfair . But I know it was his attorney that asked for all my financials, tax returns etc to have in court. I did NOT do financial declaration b/c it saThis is ys husband/wife on it so i suspected it was NOT for me . Your thoughts??
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Asad Rahman replied 4 months ago.

Unfortunately, the other party can ask for your financial records and if you fail to comply the judge can make you produce them or make a decision based on assumptions. I would suggest cooperating and staying on the good side of the judge.