Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

I am the Grand Father and I have just found out after being

Customer Question

I am the Grand Father and I have just found out after being mislead for the past several months that my daughter (24 years of age) has moved to Indiana and her son My Grand Son is with my estranged sister. When I found out and spoke with my daughter, (story is quite long) but to sum up, her aunt will not return her child to her and she has asked, she has been threaten with court and lies and bullied with money. I have been lied to for the past several months and kept out of my daughters life and grandson. I want to see my grandson and I have a court sign notarized form granting me full custody in the event my daughter was not able to care for him. ( which she can) I believe this is the reason that it was kept from me. My daughter wants her son back and I want my grandson.
I feel like i should be able to go get him until she gets to town and able to take him back to her home in Indiana. There is obviously a lot to this but the bot***** *****ne. My daughter lived with her aunt and when she was ready to move out with her son her aunt basically told her NO and that she was never taken Kaden from her!
Please help and tell me what to do. My daughter is so distraught and worried. We do not think that the child is in any physical danger but if someone is lying this much and acting this way there is no telling what my sister might do?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  JD 1992 replied 4 months ago.

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Also, I can only answer the questions you specifically ask and based on the facts that you give so please be sure that you ask the questions you want to ask and provide all necessary facts. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

I'm sorry, I need you to be more specific in your question(s) if you could. When we answer general ones like "what do I do", "what are my rights", or "what are my options", we have to give general answers and, invariably, the customer responds with "I already knew that". This type of forum works better if you ask specific questions so we know exactly what you are looking for.