Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

I am in Redmond, Oregon USA. My sister "Sue" has a common

Customer Question

Hello, My name is Michael ******* and I am in Redmond, Oregon USA. My sister "Sue" has a common law marriage with "Dick" via British Columbia, Canada. The marriage is legal and enforceable.
“Dick” essentially dropped/abandoned “Sue” in Southern California, paid her rent for several months, while he went back to BC to continue with his life. Now that my sister has been diagnosed with Vascular Dementia all rent has been halted and he wants nothing to do with his wife.
Right is right.......and this stinks legally, ethically and morally of its total wrongness. My sister and I desperately need your help and/or advice ASAP. This is a complex scenario and we can't navigate through this alone. What can/should I do ???
Sincerely,
Michael *******
(541) ***-****
Category: Family Law
Expert:  LawTalk replied 4 months ago.

Good morning Michael,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your sister's situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today. I have been a licensed attorney fore than 3 decades.

This seems like a very crucial matter for you, and your questions and issues suggest that an in-depth conversation might best suit your needs. If you are interested, for a very nominal charge I can offer you a personal phone conference as opposed to continuing in this question and answer thread which is searchable and viewable by the public.

Let me know if you don't want a call and I will be happy continue here with an answer for you.

Either way, whether I call you or not, in order to give you a clear and concise answer, I will need some additional information about the circumstances, please.

1. Is your sister living in CA or in OR now?

2. Is your sister a US Citizen?

3. How long ago did her common law husband abandon her?

4. How long has she been a resident of the state she is presently living in?

Thanks in advance,

Doug

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
$53.00 I do not authorize.
Expert:  LawTalk replied 4 months ago.

I'm not sure what you are talking about.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
You JUST charged my card $5 & $53 !!! Your online business said I wouldn't be charged the $53 unless I was satisfied !!! That is not what happened. Your company LIED !!!
Expert:  LawTalk replied 4 months ago.

Good morning,

I am not an employee of JustAnswer. I am, like you, only a user of the site.

If you need assistance navigating the system or if you have billing questions, you can contact customer service at(###) ###-####

Under the circumstances, I am unable to further assist you in this matter, and I am going to opt out of your question and open this up for other professionals.

Your question is being placed back in the question list for other professionals to see, and to respond to. You do not have to stay online for the question to be active. Should another professional pick it up, you should be alerted by email unless you actively disable this feature.

There is no need for you to reply at this time as this may "lock" your question back to me, thus inadvertently delaying other professionals' access to it.

I apologize for any inconvenience and wish you well in your future.

Doug

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
THIS SIGHT IS A SCAM, AND YOU SHOULD BE ASHAMED FOR PARTICIPATING IN IT !!! I AM 100% CONFIDENT I AM NOT THE FIRST TO COMPLAIN, THEREFORE YOU ARE AN ACCOMPLICE SIR. SLEEP WELL TONIGHT, AND MY GOD HAVE MERCY ON YOUR SOUL FOR BEING A THIEF !!!