Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law
Experience:  Licensed experienced Attorney

A colleague who is a licensed professional counselor is in a

Customer Question

A colleague who is a licensed professional counselor is in a divorce fight and has been accused by his spouse of molesting their two daughters. He was arrested and is out on bail with a court date set. He has not been convicted and disputes strongly the allegations. Is this person allowed to practice his profession as a counselor while during this period of court dispute?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 3 months ago.

Hello. My name is Alex.
Thank you for your question.
I will be happy to provide you with information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

Generally, the counselor would have to notify his/her employer of the pending criminal charges and state licensing agency right away of the arrest and pending charges and the follow the advisement from the licensing agency and employer which will make a decision whether to allow this counselor to continue his employment and to keep his license while the charges are pending.

I wish you the best of luck!

Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 2 months ago.

Please let me know if you have any related follow up questions?
If not, please positively rate and accept my answer, so I can be compensated for my work.
Thank you.