Maverick, Lawyer
Experience:  20 years of professional experience

Wife filed October 2015. Everything was over and done with,

Customer Question

Wife filed for divorce October 2015. Everything was over and done with, only thing missing was the FL180. Wife is currently missing. She could not be found by relatives ever since she got evicted by her landlord at San Diego. Nobody could reach her through phone.
I just wanted to get this over with since I am about to get married. My fiancée and I have been waiting for this divorce since 2013.
We were separated since 1992 (though not legally separated). I first filed for divorce 1996 but the divorce papers back then couldn't be found in the archives since it also was not completed.
I filed again for divorce 2013 when I met my current fiancée. She refused to sign anything, dropped the case on 2015 and then she filed her own as the petitioner.
Right now the case is just hanging because she did not submit the FL180 and nobody could find her. I would like to know if there is something I could do on my part in order to speed up the process and get this over with even without her submitting that FL180.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Maverick replied 3 months ago.

Welcome to Just Answer! My name is Maverick. (Here) is my profile. Please give me a few minutes to review your inquiry and I will be back. Thank you for your patience.

Expert:  Maverick replied 3 months ago.

ANSWER: FL 180 is the judgment that only the judge needs to sign off on. Her signature is not needed. You should ask that the case be set for trial and then present this FL-180 at the hearing for the judge to sign off on. Fill out as much of it as you can ahead of time. More to come...

Expert:  Maverick replied 3 months ago.

You can use this form as a go-by to request a trial setting in your court.

Note: Most follow-up questions are answered with in the hour; however, if I am not signed on, please allow up to 24 hours. If we are done, please assign a feedback rating so Just Answer will compensate me. Thank you.