Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

My wife had got pregnant with another man and we have been

Customer Question

My wife had got pregnant with another man and we have been kinda separated since then she moved back up to PA from FL and we also have a son together well I couldn't stay away from my son and didn't want to take him away from his mother even with split custody so I moved back up here to PA to be with him. The problem I actually have now from all of this is the new baby girl that I have been basically raising and taking care of and who I love very much I might lose though. The girls supposed father said he and his family is getting full custody of the child and is coming to take her away on the 5th of next month. I am so torn about this not to mention her mother, am I wrong for wanting to keep her so much? Can he legally take her away? There was no paternity test done and he has not been financially taking care of her and has only seen her a few times as well and she is 9 months old now. I love her very much, I do not want to lose her now I didn't want to get to attached but I couldn't help it and she is very attached to me as well. I do not know what to do.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  FamilyAnswer replied 7 months ago.

Good morning. I certainly understand the situation and your concern. Where is your wife/mother in all of this? Does she not want custody of the child? Has this man filed anything with the court?

Hi, are you still with me?