Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

Daughter ex-boyfriend under investigation by CPS and local

Customer Question

daughter ex-boyfriend under investigation by CPS and local PD due to false allegations by his child's mother because she was mad.
JA: Because laws vary from state to state, could you tell me what state is this in?
Customer: texas
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: CPS worker is now demanding that my daughter and her son meet with her
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: although neither were around when the alleged incident happened...just need to know if daughter is required to participate or if ok to decline
Category: Family Law
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Dallas County
Expert:  LawTalk replied 4 months ago.

Good afternoon,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your daughter's situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today. In order to give you a clear and concise answer, I will need some additional information about the circumstances, please.

1. I don't understand the facts. You refer to your daughter's ex, and then mention his child's mother. Is this child's mother also your daughter?

2. Does your daughter have a child that CPS is threatening to take away?

3. What allegations were made to CPS and the PD?

Doug

Expert:  LawTalk replied 4 months ago.

I won't be able to assist you if you are not able to provide the minimal information I sought clarification on. Please get back to me with this information at your earliest convenience.

Doug