P. Simmons, Lawyer
Experience:  16 yrs. of experience including family law.

I received a distressing text from a female who is neither

Customer Question

I received a distressing text from a female who is neither my friend or relative, in an attempt to upset me. She has engaged in similar behavior many years ago (2008) where she left a series of voicemails, social media posts about me. Can I pursue a harassment charge?
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: NC
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: No.
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: She is my ex-husband's first child's mother. We (my ex and I) are in a custody battle. She was supposed to testify against me in a hearing last year but didn't appear.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 3 months ago.

Hello! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney with more than 18 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help

Also, if you would like to chat on the phone, let me know and I can make that happen.

What you are describing, if this person has repeatedly contacted you in an attempt to "harass" you? You can report this to law enforcement and request they prosecute the case

Please let me know if you have more questions. I am happy to help if I can. Otherwise, please rate the answer so I may get credit for my work.

Experts on this site (myself) are compensated ONLY if the customer (yourself) "rate" or "accept" the answer.

Please rate the answer so I may receive credit
Thanks for your understanding