mmdesq, Family Law Attorney
Experience:  Attorney with 13 years experience.

As an elementary school teacher I was accused a child abuse

Customer Question

As an elementary school teacher I was accused a child abuse in 1997. And although I have retired from the school district when I have applied for position that deal with the elderly or children my name comes up. I was not charged but the conclusion was inconclusive. Is there anything that I can do to get my name cleared after all these years?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 3 months ago.

In what state were you accused? Were you arrested for this crime? Does it turn up on your criminal record?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
In the state of Missouri and no I wasn't arrested and i don't have a criminal record.
Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 3 months ago.

Where is this information against you found?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
with the missouri department of family and children services
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
There is no record at the police department
Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 3 months ago.

Yes, and that's the problem. As it's not a criminal record, it cannot be expunged. Also it's not a court record, and from what I've found, Missori Department of Family and Children Services is charged with keeping these records accessible forever.

I'm going to opt out of this question, move it to Family Law, and see if someone knows if these sorts of records can be sealed and what the process is.

Expert:  mmdesq replied 3 months ago.

Good Morning;

I will try to best answer your question. If the record is purely an allegation investigated through Family and children services and it was determined to be unfounded. You can Petition the Court to remove the unfounded charge.

I hope that this information cell phone I wish you the best of luck attempting to have this removed.