Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

This might sound like a stupid question but I thought that I

Customer Question

This might sound like a stupid question but I thought that I would ask it anyway. I got a TRO against my husband yesterday and he had to move out and, most likely, he moved in with his mistress because he does not have a job (his choice). The mistress got divorced last fall and has sizable alimony. My lawyer says that she could lose her alimony if she and my husband are proven to be cohabitating. I have known this lady for almost 30 years and she stole my husband. I would like to leave a message on her ex's phone, telling him that they are probably cohabitating, so that her alimony can be compromised. Yes, I want to get back at her. I have a preliminary hearing on August 8, so I don't want to do anything stupid and compromise my case. Does anyone out there have any thoughts about this?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Olivia Kent replied 4 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'm an attorney. I’ll be happy to help you in any way I can. This site is for educational purposes only. Sometimes - although certainly not always - experts have to give you what you deem “bad news” but that should not be a reflection of how satisfied you are with the assistance your expert provided. My goal is to make sure you are completely satisfied before you submit your rating so please let me know if you have additional questions or you need me to clarify anything If there is a delay in the time it takes me to respond it is because I am working with a customer or I am not online - but rest assured I will respond to your follow up question, if you have one. Also, occasionally I will respond from a mobile JA unit, which automatically asks you to submit a rating once I submit a response - but please don't feel like you need to do so until we are done speaking. I don't see any way you would "compromise" your case by informing her ex that she is cohabitating with your husband - if anything, you are preventing her from committing fraud by obtaining alimony in violation of her divorce agreement. Does that make sense? And, for the record, it's not a stupid question