Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

I have lived with my boyfriend continuously years, but we

Customer Question

I have lived with my boyfriend continuously for 19 years, but we have never married or formally registered as domestic partners. During that time we have acquired several properties and he has started a successful business. I have contributed significant work to all properties, but he has provided the financing, and thus everything is in his name (he makes 10x as much as I do). He recently left me for another women, and moved out of our home. Do I have any rights to the property or other assets that are in his name?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  JD 1992 replied 4 months ago.

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Also, I can only answer the questions you specifically ask and based on the facts that you give so please be sure that you ask the questions you want to ask and provide all necessary facts. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

What state is this in?