Maverick
Maverick, Lawyer
Experience:  20 years of professional experience
16823287

I said my ex papers in court I waited 21 days failure

Customer Question

I said my ex papers for summons in court I waited 21 days failure disease too reply won the case by default waiting for the judge on my court date but I did ask for a DNA test should I take the DNA test cuz I want to buy this phone
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Clark County Nevada
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: No.
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: Yes she travel out of state it to California with my child while I was at work known as Amanda says you are not allowed to set up at Cincy and out of state of Nevada not allowed to take the child out of state of Nevada which says it on the summons that I gave her
JA: Thank you.
Customer: So I do not know what to do she's trying to do anything and everything for me to not show up to court and she wants me to sign my rights away
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Maverick replied 9 months ago.

Welcome to Just Answer (“JA”)! My name is Maverick.

Note: (1) If you want legal advice, consult with a local attorney before acting or deciding not to act; information given here is for educational purposes only; (2) Most questions are answered within the hour; however, if I am not signed on, please allow up to 24 hours; and (3) Please assign a feedback rating so JA will compensate me. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms and to JA’s other site disclaimers. [Proof that you are in good hands].

Expert:  Maverick replied 9 months ago.

ANSWER: If you do not know whether the child is your or not, then you should take the DNA test to establish or negate paternity. If you negate paternity then you will not be on the hook for child support for 18 years. If the judge has signed an order that she cannot take the child out of the city or State, then you should file a motion to enforce that order under the threat of contempt of court which can be backed by fines and/or a warrant for her arrest.