Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

I was awarded money from ssi/ssdi may27 2016, they are

Customer Question

i was awarded money from ssi/ssdi may27 2016, they are taking away ssi but are giving me backpay of 14k in increments, which will be significantly decreased by dss payment. will this also effect my back pay for ssdi?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  LawTalk replied 4 months ago.

Good afternoon,

I'm Doug, and I'm sorry to hear of the confusion. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today. In order to give you a clear and concise answer, I will need some additional information about the circumstances, please. Unfortunately, your stated faccts are very confusing.

1. You qualified for both SSI and SSDI in May 2017?

2. When did you apply for SSDI?

3. Where is the 14K in back pay coming from? When did social security (SSDI) determine that your disability began?

4. Why is SSI being taken away?

5. What is a DSS payment?

Doug

Expert:  LawTalk replied 4 months ago.

This seems like a very crucial matter for you, and your questions and issues suggest that an in-depth conversation might best suit your needs. If you are interested, for a very nominal charge I can offer you a personal phone conference as opposed to continuing in this question and answer thread which is searchable and viewable by the public.

Let me know if you don't want a call and I will be happy continue here with an answer for you.

Doug