Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

My husband is disabled with multiple sclerosis and needs to

Customer Question

My husband is disabled with multiple sclerosis and needs to be in a nursing home. We applied for med-I-cal and our share of cost is 1600.00. His income alone would qualify him for a 0 share of cost. Is there a way to split our assets, so he can qualify?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Maverick replied 4 months ago.

Welcome to Just Answer (“JA”)! My name is Maverick.

Note: (1) If you want legal advice, consult with a local attorney before acting or deciding not to act; information given here is for educational purposes only; (2) Most questions are answered within the hour; however, if I am not signed on, please allow up to 24 hours; and (3) Please assign a feedback rating so JA will compensate me. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms and to JA’s other site disclaimers.

This answer will require some research on my part. I will send you an offer for additional services. If you think it to be fair, go ahead an accept it and I will get started. If you want to wait and try for another expert, please click the "opt out" button to be taken back to the general pool of experts.