Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.

If you are to have someone served dv restraining order and

Customer Question

If you are to have someone served for a dv restraining order and the judge put to be served no less than 5 days before the hearing, does the weekend count? And dies the actual hearing day count as a day?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Maverick replied 3 months ago.

Welcome to Just Answer (“JA”)! My name is Maverick.

Note: (1) If you want legal advice, consult with a local attorney before acting or deciding not to act; information given here is for educational purposes only; (2) Most questions are answered within the hour; however, if I am not signed on, please allow up to 24 hours; and (3) Please assign a feedback rating so JA will compensate me. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms and to JA’s other site disclaimers.

This will require some research into the court rules and possibly case law. I will send you an offer of services. If you think that the offer is fair, please accept it and I will get started. If you want to try for another expert, then click the "opt out" button to be taken back to the general pool of experts.