Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.

I am trying to obtain Discovery from a guardian ad litem in

Customer Question

I am trying to obtain Discovery from a guardian ad litem in the state of Illinois
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: This is been going on for a year-and-a-half my lawyer decided to quit after I insisted she proved that the guardian ad litem lied. My ex's daughter son and father are on my side and he filed a false report and I have three Witnesses willing to say that he lied in his report
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: Now that I'm representing myself I understand that the ad litem has to talk to me but he refuses to says he will see me in court that's all I get
JA: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in?
Customer: State of Illinois
JA: Huh?
Customer: I guess I'm in the wrong state
Category: Family Law
Expert:  JD 1992 replied 3 months ago.

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Also, I can only answer the questions you specifically ask and based on the facts that you give so please be sure that you ask the questions you want to ask and provide all necessary facts. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

I'm not sure what you read that states the GAL "has to talk" to you, but that is incorrect.

What question did you have about getting discovery?