FamilyAnswer, Lawyer
Experience:  9 + years of handling Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Child Support cases

My husband is a police officer and a paramedic. He is having

Customer Question

my husband is a police officer and a paramedic. He is having an affair which he has admitted to with our next door neighbor. After six and a half years he has again become abusive, I have been to the ER twice with injuries due to a physical altercation with him. If I file a pfa would he be able to live next door? that is too close for comfort for me.
JA: Because laws vary from state to state, could you tell me what state is this in?
Customer: pennsylvania
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: no
Category: Family Law
Expert:  FamilyAnswer replied 3 months ago.

Good morning. I am sorry to hear about what you are going through. No, he likely would not be allowed to. The Judge would order that he keep a distance from you, at all times. It likely will be a distance greater then from your home to the neighbors. Moreover, you can express to the Judge at the hearing, that you believe he will live next door with this other person and ask that the Judge he be kept at a greater distance. The PFA is supposed to protect you and keep him away. If he was living next door, it would be clear that this may not happen and there is a VERY high chance that he would encounter you outside and be able to watch you, a majority of the time. As such, the Judge would likely impose a radius/distance that he could not come to you.

Please let me know if you have any follow up questions or need any clarification on something which I stated above. Also, remember to rate my service at the top of this page, before exiting the site, so I can receive credit for my help. I hope you found it to be Excellent! Only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. If you feel the need to click either of the two lower ratings to the left, please stop and reply to me. I want to make sure your experience with the site was as pleasurable as possible and that you are satisfied with the help I provided.