How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Roger Your Own Question
Roger, Attorney
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 31571
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Roger is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I live in Mississippi and was divorced in California I have

Customer Question

I live in Mississippi and was divorced in California I have a spouse support order that was up for review in may. How can I go about removing the spouse support?
Submitted: 9 months ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Roger replied 9 months ago.
Hi - my name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to assist.
Expert:  Roger replied 9 months ago.
In order to reduce or terminate spousal support, you must show that there has been a "change in circumstances" since the spousal or partner support order was made. Heres a good link you can read:
Expert:  Roger replied 9 months ago.
If you can show that you're making less money or that your ex doesn't need as much assistance, it is possible to get a modification.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
when the order was made the judge speculated to review my ex status if she was working or finding means to maintain her self because at time of divorce she refuse to work how do I go about filing to the court for evaluating?
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I need to know how or can I file while living in a different state.
Expert:  Roger replied 9 months ago.

Hi - sorry for the delay.

You should be able to obtain the relevant documents online through the court's website. Also, you should be able to mail in or even file the documents online.

Expert:  Roger replied 9 months ago.

You can call the court clerk's office and request assistance with obtaining the correct forms and instructions on how to file.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
what actions can I take if my ex moves out of the state with my children without my consent?
Expert:  Roger replied 9 months ago.

If there's a custody or visitation order your ex is in violation of, you can file a motion for contempt.....but if there is no court order in place, then there's nothing you can legally do UNLESS you get a court order that outlines your rights and restrictions.

Related Family Law Questions