How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Loren Your Own Question
Loren, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 28538
Experience:  30 plus years of experience.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Loren is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

A friend of mine recently got divorced and was awarded the

Customer Question

A friend of mine recently got divorced and was awarded the house, which is fully paid for. Her husband refuses to sign the deed and she needs to sell the house. How can she change the deed to reflect her name only? In the divorce papers it shows the judge awarded her the house.
Submitted: 3 months ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Loren replied 3 months ago.

Good evening. I am Loren,a licensed attorney, and I look forward to assisting you.

Your friend should file a motion in the court that issued the decree to hold the ex in contempt of court for refusing to comply with the decree, which has the impact of a court order.

If he refuses to comply and is found in contempt the court will order the title changed to her name and can also award attorney fees and other sanctions for his actions.

Expert:  Loren replied 3 months ago.

If you have no further questions, and have not yet done so, please remember to leave a favorable rating (5 stars) so that I am credited by JustAnswer for assisting you. A bonus is not required, but is always appreciated.

Related Family Law Questions