Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Experienced attorney: Family law, Estate Law, SS Law etc.
10285032

Can it be possible that my child support be decrease due to

Customer Question

Can it be possible that my child support be decrease due to father moving in with his girlfriend and her four children?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 11 months ago.

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

In general, NO, the father moving in with a girlfriend and her children does not impact his support payments for his children. The only thing that is supposed to change his support liability is if he has another court order to pay support for other of HIS OWN children. The fact she has children and he is living with her has nothing to do with his responsibility.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
If the non custodial parent is late to the visit exchange does he forfeits the visit?
Thank you for your reply.
The courts expect parents to be reasonable on visitation orders for the best interests of the child. If the court custody order says that if he is late he loses the visit, then he would do so, but if there is nothing in the court order that says he loses the visit, then the court expects the custodial parent and the non-custodial parent to be reasonable to work it out so the parent can see their child.