Loren, Lawyer
Experience:  30 plus years of experience.

The father of the child's mother () came and got my

Customer Question

the father of the child's mother (Lisa) came and got my granddaughter's (Cassie) daughter (Zoe) for the week. The father's mother then gave the child to the mother of Cassie (Geneva), who has joint custody of Cassie's other 3 children with Cassie. However she isn't supposed to have access to Zoe. Geneva immediately took all 4 children to Oklahoma. Should my Granddaughter (Cassie) file kidnapping charges against her mother (Geneva).
The reason we are asking is that Geneva called CPS on Cassie twice now, Cassie and her mother share custody per the court and Geneva won't even let Cassie see her other 3 children. Lisa, the father of the child's mother stated she talked with Geneva and they are on the same page regarding keeping the children away from Cassie. Cassie is living with me and going to out patient drug treatment, has lined up a job and has been doing great and living clean for two weeks now. She started using as her children were taken away from her, no excuse but it happened.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Loren replied 3 months ago.

Good afternoon. I am Loren, a licensed attorney, and I look forward to assisting you.

Has a demand been made that the child be returned? Was taking the child to OK a violation of the joint parenting plan entered by the court?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
It is a different child an only the mother has custody of her.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I do not have money for the $75.00
Expert:  Loren replied 3 months ago.

If the child has been taken in violation of the order or by someone not authorized by the parenting plan then or the child is being withheld from her custodial parent then the police should be notified, as it could be a case of kidnapping.

Expert:  Loren replied 3 months ago.

If you have no further questions, and have not yet done so, please remember to leave a favorable rating (Excellent or Good) so that I am credited by JustAnswer for assisting you. A bonus is not required, but is always appreciated.